JOIN THE STAMPIN' UP! FAMILY.

Whether for business or pleasure, contact me today to learn how becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator can benefit you!

Friday 28 March 2008

A frenzy of purple

Gosh, life has been so busy lately & my poor little blog has been abit neglected :(

I have been busy today making some thankyou cards for a wedding of one of my cousins. Her colours are purple - hence the title of this post & the colours of the following cards



I had almost finished this really quick card when I realised I needed a silver brad to finish it off - oh no, no silver, so I sanded back a gold brad, tapped it onto the versamark pad then dipped it into silver embossing powder & heated - ta da, a silver brad, you would never know the difference!

Stamps: Carte Postale, Wonderful Words

Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Brushed Silver Metallics

Inks: Versamark

Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, non-SU ribbon, Gold Brad


This is a shameless CASE of a card made by one of the INKling team members - sad thing is that I don't know who. I received the original from a swap & there were no details as to which team member made it. The only thing I have changed are the colours (the original was in certainly celery) & the sentiment. Currently there is no eggplant ribbon available, so I have used white grosgrain & dyed it using a Stampin Write Marker - they are so useful. I will give you a small tip though - the new catty that is available 1st April has Elegant Eggplant grosgrain, along with many other gorgeous ribbons :)

Stamps: Carte Postale, Leaves a la Carte wheel, Lots of Thoughts (2008 SAB set)

Cardstock: Elegant Eggplane, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Whisper White

Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Whisper White

Access: White Grosgrain, Eggplant Marker

This card is another CASE - this time from Teneale Williams, I really love her work. Again I have kept the same layout & stamp set, just changed the colours!

Stamps: Carte Postale

Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant. Perfect Plum, Pale Plum

Inks: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum

Access: Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, non-SU brad, circle, square & oval punches

This is abit of a closeup of the layered flower, doesn't it look great! Well the wedding is tomorrow, so hope my cousin approves of the cards. I am realy looking forward to a fab night, catching up with lots of relies - now I just need to make a card for the bride & groom :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love these purple cards, i am converted to purple, what beautiful cards and colour combinations.