JOIN THE STAMPIN' UP! FAMILY.

Whether for business or pleasure, contact me today to learn how becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator can benefit you!

Thursday 3 July 2008

2 challenges with the one card ......

Yep - Once again I couldn't resist the lure of a Kristina Werner colour challenge. Colours this week are Basic Black, Whisper White, Going Gray with the addition of River Rock & Ruby Red if you liked. I decided to leave out the last two & this is the card I came up with -


You know when you get an idea in your head & you HAVE to try it out! Well this was one of those times. I have inked the stamps up with Going Gray ink & then drawn around the edges with a black Stampin' Write marker before stamping - I knew it would look good, but wasn't keen on drawing around every petal on the large flower, however my mind would not let it rest so I had to give it a go. It wasn't as time consuming as I thought & I'm very happy with the result.

The 2nd challenge this card is for is over on Mel Hanlon's blog & it involves using buttons - thanks for the challenge Mel :-)

Stampset: Fabulous Flowers

Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black

Ink: Going Gray

Accessories: Urban West Rub Ons, Earth Elements & Neutral Buttons, Black Hemp Twine, Black Stampin' Write Marker

You may remember these cards from a while back. Well I thought they would also look good in the challenge colour scheme so made this card too - it also uses the same technique of drawing with the marker around the edges of the stamp.

Stampset: Baroque Background, Circle of Friendship

Cardstock: Whisper White, Going Gray, Basic Black

Ink: Going Gray

Accessories: Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Button, Urban West Rub Ons, Black Stampin' Write Marker

6 comments:

Jayne Mercer said...

Lovely card Alana, I want to try that technique with other colours now but I'll need to buy the sets first!

Traveling Mama said...

Both are very pretty cards! Love the flowers on your first!

Becky said...

Gorgeous cards! I love them both!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining my challenge, Alana! The card looks great! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Carol Dunstan said...

beautiful cards! Hmm, think my arm is getting twisted more and more for that set!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Alana! I must mount that Fabulous flowers set and give it a whirl myself!!